Can be made in one saucepan.
70g dairy free margarine
100g dark cooking chocolate
170 g castor sugar
2 large free-range eggs, beaten
70 g plain flour
100g chocolate chips
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
greased pyrex square dish.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C gas 4
- Take 1 tbsp of the flour and add to the choc chips in a little bowl. Stir so that the flour covers the choc chips (this stops them sinking to the bottom.
- Melt the margarine and chocolate in a saucepan over a very low heat, stirring constantly.
- Remove from the heat, add the sugar and allow to cool slightly.
- Mix in the beaten eggs, then sift in the flour, baking powder and salt: fold in the vanilla extract.
- Just before baking, add the choc chips, and stir in.
- Pour the mixture into the baking dish and cook for 30 minutes.
- Test with a skewer that it is just cooked through (the skewer should come out clean of mixture, although the choc chips will be melted & might stick to the skewer).
- Cool in the tin and cut into squares.
For the knitting group I doubled all these quantities.